Abdul Razak Dawood who is adviser to the PM on Commerce and Investment said on Thursday 6th May 2021 that Pakistan would be added to e-commerce giant Amazon’s sellers list in the next few days.
Amazon.com is the world largest e-commerce platform that was founded by Jeff Bezos that has a huge market share in the world. Getting the news that Amazon will allow Pakistani’s to create official accounts and list themselves as sellers is a huge opportunity for the country, here are some of the facts that we believe will happen with this big opportunity:
- Rise of local Pakistan manufacturers who are making great things like utensils, papers, gadgets, hardwares, toys can now be displayed on global marketplace.
- Many micro-entrepreneurs will emerge out in the region.
- There will be a new career opportunity for youngsters.
- Lots of things from China can be imported and sold on Amazon.
- Amazon might open its office in Pakistan.
Initially a list of 38 exporters have been communicated to Amazon, which is limited to surgical, sports goods and home textiles sectors & more sectors will be added in the future.
Dr Shahbaz Gill also posted on Twitter about the great news of Amazon opening its door for pakistani sellers.